You’ve probably heard that President Trump and his advisers are debating whether to withdraw from the landmark Paris Agreement, which unites the world in a common effort to combat climate change. We need all UNA-USA supporters to make their voices heard on this vital issue!
Take these three steps to get involved:
- Sign our new petition to urge the White House to stay in the Paris Agreement. More than 5,000 people have signed already—we need you to add your voice!
- Join the People’s Climate March on April 29 in Washington, DC, or join a sister march in cities across the country.
- Share UNA-USA’s new graphics on social media! We’ve got draft social media posts you can copy and paste on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to spread the word.
Sign the #USAforUN Petition!
Last night, the Trump Administration made the devastating decision to end all U.S. support to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). UNFPA works on the frontlines of more than 150 countries to end child marriage and female genital mutilation and provide critical services like pre-natal care and safe childbirth, voluntary family planning, and midwife training.
This rash and misguided decision jeopardizes the world’s most vulnerable girls and women, particularly those in crisis situations. Our elected officials need to hear from us that these cuts are unacceptable.
The #USAforUN petition will be shared with Members of Congress so they see firsthand just how meaningful the lifesaving work of the UN is to Americans across the country.
And don’t forget: Members of Congress are back in their home districts for recess from April 10-21, giving you the opportunity to meet face-to-face with elected leaders and advocate for the UN.
The #USAforUN petition will be shared with Members of Congress so they see firsthand just how meaningful the lifesaving work of the UN is to Americans across the country, and how defunding the UN will dramatically lessen America’s influence around the world.
Tell Congress to Reject the President’s Proposed UN Budget Cuts
President Trump just released his budget proposal, and it’s worse than we thought for the United Nations. If enacted, the UN and its lifesaving agencies could see significant cuts this year. Congress needs to hear us loud and clear: These cuts are unacceptable and cannot happen.
Take these three steps NOW to save the UN:
Sending a letter to your Members of Congress is one of the most effective ways to let them know you oppose the President’s proposed cuts to UN funding. Click here to send a letter.
Your Members of Congress represent YOU! Call their office to let them know you oppose the President’s proposed cuts. Click here for Members’ contact information and helpful talking points.
3. SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Share the following social media posts and graphics to inspire others to protect American leadership at the UN.
· The U.S. must NOT forfeit its influence at the @UN. Tell Congress to protect America’s global leadership → http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· We must protect U.S. leadership and influence at the @UN. ACT NOW: http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· The U.S. must NOT forfeit its influence at the @UnitedNations. Tell Congress to protect America’s global leadership → unausa.org
· We must protect U.S. leadership and influence at the @UnitedNations. ACT NOW: unausa.org
· The President’s budget proposal would severely jeopardize U.S. national security interests and compromise American leadership at the United Nations and around the world. Now is NOT the time to surrender our global leadership. TAKE ACTION: http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
· The President has proposed severe cuts to the United Nations during an unprecedented time of global challenges. Tell Congress we MUST protect America’s leadership at the UN → http://bit.ly/2n1OGqc
For more information, contact email@example.com